Search This Blog

Saturday

The Mistress : How Easy It Is

Do you know how easy it is to be the other woman? The side chick? I recently had a chance to view it in that perspective. Before anyone starts bashing me, I didn't do anything. Please read on.

Since last year, I've met one of my clan members face-to-face (clan as in Clash of Clans) when he asked me out for a game of pool. Thereafter, due to common interests, we hung out together quite frequently, almost everyday if he wasn't working. I didn't know he had a girlfriend at that point of time. Everytime I asked him, he denied and insists that he was single. Although I didn't have any feelings for him, I definitely do not want to come between anyone's boyfriend/husband.

He was outgoing, funny and I find it particularly easy talking to him about anything and everything. We went futsal, swimming, badminton, road trips, movies, clubs, bars and I absolutely loved the way he drove. I realised how alike we were. He is like the male version of me.



Fast-forward to when I found out he had a girlfriend. Because one of his friend said something which caught my attention. In which I gave him a last chance to confess or never speak to me again. Knowing how much I hate being lied to, he confessed because he didn't want to ruin our friendship.

From time to time, he would complain to me about his girlfriend.

"I worked late. I was tired, I was having a fever and she woke me up because I was snoring."

"She hated my grandmother. She complained about her and even argued with her."

"She was talking to other guys. How would I know if she was cheating?"

"She is complaining about my sister."

"Whenever we go out, she wants to go home and sleep early. I always had to send her home and then go back out."

"I really can't stand her mouth!"

Then I realised, how easy it was to manipulate their relationship. All I had to do was agree with whatever he said.

"She is so wicked! Doesn't she love you? And you were sick! How inconsiderate!"

"How disrespectful! Afterall, that is your grandmother! Even if she doesn't agree, she should have kept quiet."

"Sounds really dodgy. She shouldn't do that when she has a boyfriend. Are you invisible or what?"

"She should learn to give way to your sister since your sister is much younger. Shouldn't be so calculative."

"She doesn't give you face infront of your friends. That would probably make your friends think that you're scared of her, huh?"

It. Was. That. Easy.

I could have pointed a finger and he would just leave her.



But I didn't. Because I know how it felt to be on the other side. Whenever he complained about her, I would blame him instead. Because he wasn't giving her security. He wasn't spending time with her. Because he was selfish. Because he couldn't see what she was sacrificing. To the point that he stopped complaining about her to me.

When a relationship has passed the honeymoon phase, it will get comfortable, it will get boring. Because you've known so much about that person that you hardly ever have anything new to learn or to talk about. Everything feels like a routine. Every little thing she asks of you feels like a heavy burden.



Until that someone new comes along. Everything thing about your girlfriend becomes annoying, but you find it cute on that someone new. Everything is like a burden when it is for your girlfriend but you'd feel happy doing it for that someone new. When your girlfriend is angry, it pisses you off. When that someone new is angry, you try hard to make her smile. Seeing your girlfriend everyday is routine, but not seeing that someone new everyday makes you heart sick.

Well, people always say, "New is always better."

Until your girlfriend leaves. You will realised that your girlfriend WAS, and USED TO BE that someone new. Someone who is cute and you tried everything to make her smile everyday but over time, it got boring. Your girlfriend who sacrificed her time, her youth, her everything when she made you- her everything. You will realise that she was there when you had nothing to offer. And she was the one that will ever really love you.

Congratulations! You lost the only precious thing that money cannot buy- her love. No one will love you as much as she does. Congratulations on pursuing something new. Which will, in time, turn into a routine once again. Let me enlighten you, that someone new who accepted your pursues despite knowing you had a girlfriend, shows the kind of person she. And usually, she will not hesitate to upgrade to someone better. Someone, well, less boring.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to share?
*hugs & kisses*